Code to the console!!

Started by
4 comments, last by Kafeen 17 years, 9 months ago
What would i need to do to make a playstation2 CD? I mean can i code a c++ project that says hellow world and save it in some format to pay on a PS@? What would i need to do?
Advertisement
Probably try here: GameDev's Console Forum
[size="2"][size=2]Mort, Duke of Sto Helit: NON TIMETIS MESSOR -- Don't Fear The Reaper
Moved accordingly.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
You'd need a devlopment kit from Sony. For that you'd need to contact Sony, I can't speak for them but AFAIK they only deal with profetional developers. I've heard that they a have allowed some game development college to have some/teach on the PS2.

In anycase writing hello world is not much diffrent on the PS2 than it would be on a PC. Where it gets diffrent is managing your resorces and low level programing for the hardware itself.
Don't shoot! I'm with the science team.....
You can easily do that with the linux ps2 kit ie if you got a hold of one when available like myself.
To actually distribute a custom ps2 CD though you need a pro kit since the linux ps2 kit doesn't allow you to do that.
One effect of the EULA terms is that you cannot produce CDs or DVDs that can be used on the PlayStation platforms. This limits the distribution of software for Linux (for PlayStation 2) to on-line network distribution.
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Writting a C++ project is one thing. The source code isn't going to do anything for you though if you can't compile it. Visual Studio doesn't ship with a PS2 compiler. Profectionally I use the PS2 development tools from SN Systems. For homebew stuff you may be able to find something on www.ps2dev.org

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement