• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Motion Capture File Format (with Quaternion)

This topic is 4314 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am making a program to edit motion capture data using Visual C++. I am using BVH files as input files, and I converted the rotation data from those BVH Files, which has ZXY Euler Angle rotation format, into quaternions. After editing, I would like to be able to save the output as BVH files too, but I am having trouble converting the quaternions back into ZXY Euler angles. I am currently using the source code from Dave Eberly's site to convert it back (Matrix3 class), but I think it isn't accurate enough. Or perhaps my implementation is not correct since I am using left handed coordinate system (DirectX), and that source code is using right handed one. I tried to convert my data into right handed system though, but it still didn't work. The way I did it was by transforming my LH matrix into RH matrix: mat._13 = - mat._13; mat._23 = - mat._23; mat._31 = - mat._31; mat._32 = - mat._32; with 1 is the first column/row index and then use Dave Eberly's code. and then convert RH Euler rotations into LH Euler rotations by negating X and Y components. Another option would be to use a motion capture file format with quaternion values inside that file format, but I don't know if such file format even exists. I am wondering if someone could point me to the right direction? Sindharta T.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement