• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

loading diffrent images onto opengl

This topic is 4250 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello I'm hoping some one can help me out with this i'm using a bit of code from the nehe examples to load various image types (using SDL image) the code complies OK but I get an error for everytype of image apart from bitmaps can anyone help, my code is void LoadTexture(const char *imagemap,GLuint *image) { SDL_Surface *TextureImage[1]; TextureImage[0] = IMG_Load(imagemap); /*bind it to slow image*/ glGenTextures( 1, &(*image)); glBindTexture( GL_TEXTURE_2D, *image); /* Generate The Texture */ /* Mipmapped Filtering */ glTexParameteri( GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST ); glTexParameteri( GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR ); /* Generate The MipMapped Texture */ gluBuild2DMipmaps( GL_TEXTURE_2D, 3, TextureImage[0]->w, TextureImage[0]->h, GL_BGR, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, TextureImage[0]->pixels ); /* Free up any memory we may have used */ if ( TextureImage[0] ) SDL_FreeSurface( TextureImage[0] ); }

Advertisement
Apologies it does work, but I was trying about 15 diffrent types of image, I tried a few which didn't work. However all the standrads do bmp tga etc.

Sorry admin

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement