• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
visla

Pixel motion blur problem

This topic is 4347 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have one problem with pixel motion blur on Nvidia 6600 graphic card. Well I done pixel motion blur this way: 1. I created two Velocity Render targets format (G16R16F) 2. Some shaders have output to two render targets. First is color, second is velocity. 3. After that I do post process where I sample original scene and blur with velocity vector (stored in vel texture and prev velocity texture). And when doing normal not blended objects everything is ok. When trying to render alpha blended objects I just turn off velocity render target. On ATI 9600 it works ok. But on Nvidia 6600 it gets flickering .... I also tried to put velocity RT to format A16B16G16R16F and also color buffer. This almost solved problems with 6600 but it stopped rendering alpha blended objects. (also I cleared second render target before alpha objects). Conclusion is this. On ATI drawing alpha objects with G16R16F velocity RT and normal a8r8g8b8 color rt, works with disabled alpha blending (and when turned off g16r16f render target alpha objects are drawn correctly. On Nvidia drawing same alpha objects while having second render target gives you flickering, missing image, bla, bla, ... I tried to run same program on Nvidia and ATI and got these results. Second. When using A16B16G16R16F velocity render target, on 6600 which is capable of Multi Render Target Blending, I dont get proper results. and alpha blended objects are alwayes not blended. Can someone help me how to make this out. what formats to use and what is solution to this nvidia, ati difference.

Advertisement
While not specific to the problem you're encountering, I've found NVPerfHUD to be a HUGE help in debugging rendering problems on Nvidia hardware, especially since you can step forwards/backwards through individual DIP calls to see what the textures and render targets look like.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!