• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
doohoodogg

Where should i begin ?

This topic is 4368 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

K, im new here and i have a question, what\with what\what apps i nedd if a wanna design objects, maps, etc in a game, for example weapons, cars etc, u got the point, how that stuff is created ? with an app where u draw or u just write thousands of codelines, and what app do i need and where do i find some tutorials. And another question, what is the best enviroment for C++ for making windows apps. thx

Advertisement
Ok, but ive got a bunch of linkc, wich one is commonly used for games, or all are used, if yes, wich is the easyest one ?

Guest Anonymous Poster
begin here

Well, talking about 2D you can get JASC paint shop pro(Free) it can do 2D images and much more if you know how to draw or color!(Similar to Adobe Photoshop which i think is the best) Do a google search..

3D applications: theres a couple of really good ones, but not too cheap. Theres 3dMax, Lightwave, Maya(The best i think), Truspace. Deathkrush has link above to some free ones i believe.

And if you want to code a game Deathkrush also provided a link for Visual C++ express, a free C++ compiler that will want to make you ask even more questions!! lol

Good luck...

K, but dont get me wrong, if i start learning one i wanna learn one that its commonly used for commercial games, u know, i wanna learn it perfect in time so it can help me if i plan to get into a game development team, u know ?

I tried many modelers: Maya Personal Learning Edition, GMax (free 3D Studio Max), AC3D, Blender, Wings3D, Bryce3D, Milkshape3D and Rhinoceros. I found it difficult to learn Maya PLE and Gmax because they had limited functionality. I ended up learning Blender instead, because it's free and it has lots of exporters so you can actually make a game with it. Now I can use pretty much any modeler, they are all very similar, the only difference is the interface and the amount of features.

Try a bunch of modelers and learn the one you like.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!