• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
matthughson

Maya 7 X File Exporter

This topic is 4546 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there still no alternative to the exporter that comes with the DX SDK? I've done some searching but haven't been able to find anything. The best I found was a series of steps to get from maya to x format (ie. through deep exploration), but I'd prefer not to have to do that. Matt

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by matthughson
Is there still no alternative to the exporter that comes with the DX SDK? I've done some searching but haven't been able to find anything. The best I found was a series of steps to get from maya to x format (ie. through deep exploration), but I'd prefer not to have to do that.

Could you be more specific? There are plenty of alternatives to the .x exporter, such as .obj, Collada, etc.

Are you specifically looking for something that exports .x files, but isn't the .x exporter that comes with the DX SDK? If so, I'm not aware of one (that doesn't at all mean one doesn't exist, though).

Yeah, I'm looking for a "Maya 7 X File Exporter"; I need to export from Maya 7 to the X format. The one that comes with the DX SDK has a bunch of issues.

Thanks,
Matt

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!