Including fstream gives warnings about xlocnum in MSVC++

Started by
1 comment, last by silverphyre673 17 years, 9 months ago
In my MSVC++ 2005 windows console project, I included <fstream> for use in a logging system. Although the project compiles and links successfully, it issues a long list of warnings about a file called xlocnum, which isn't included anywhere in the project (I'm assuming that fstream or one of its included files includes xlocnum). Here are the warnings:

1>c:\msvc++\vc\include\xlocnum(590) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'uintptr_t' to 'void *' of greater size
1>        c:\msvc++\vc\include\xlocnum(566) : while compiling class template member function 'std::istreambuf_iterator<_Elem,_Traits> std::num_get<_Elem,_InIt>::do_get(_InIt,_InIt,std::ios_base &,std::ios_base::iostate &,void *&) const'
1>        with
1>        [
1>            _Elem=char,
1>            _Traits=std::char_traits<char>,
1>            _InIt=std::istreambuf_iterator<char,std::char_traits<char>>
1>        ]
1>        c:\msvc++\vc\include\xlocnum(1365) : see reference to class template instantiation 'std::num_get<_Elem,_InIt>' being compiled
1>        with
1>        [
1>            _Elem=char,
1>            _InIt=std::istreambuf_iterator<char,std::char_traits<char>>
1>        ]
1>c:\msvc++\vc\include\xlocnum(590) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'uintptr_t' to 'void *' of greater size
1>        c:\msvc++\vc\include\xlocnum(566) : while compiling class template member function 'std::istreambuf_iterator<_Elem,_Traits> std::num_get<_Elem,_InIt>::do_get(_InIt,_InIt,std::ios_base &,std::ios_base::iostate &,void *&) const'
1>        with
1>        [
1>            _Elem=wchar_t,
1>            _Traits=std::char_traits<wchar_t>,
1>            _InIt=std::istreambuf_iterator<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>>
1>        ]
1>        c:\msvc++\vc\include\xlocnum(1371) : see reference to class template instantiation 'std::num_get<_Elem,_InIt>' being compiled
1>        with
1>        [
1>            _Elem=wchar_t,
1>            _InIt=std::istreambuf_iterator<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>>
1>        ]

I don't like seeing these every time I build the project; is there any way to make them disappear? Thanks!
my siteGenius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration
Advertisement
You can go to your project options, under C/C++, General there should be an option near the bottom to turn off 64 bit portability warnings.
Thanks SiCrane!
my siteGenius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement