• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

DelphiX, DirectX or?(2D moving) - chopping bad effect

This topic is 4249 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi for all. I wonted to make a 2D game some as the Arkanoid. I wrote a code in DelphiX...I have a full first level(graphic) of my game now but the moving of pictures is "chopping". Can i some to do for better results (in DelphiX or DirectX(i am 3d artist above all)) ? If i wont to have a stepless moving ? thanx.

Advertisement
Chopping? (looking in gd dictionary...no results). You mean like tearing (also not in gd dictionary)? I don't know anything about DelphiX, but make sure you're using a backbuffer correctly and optionally flipping with v-sync. As for stepless moving (again, I'm not too informed on the definition, but I think I know what it means), sync it with a timer.

Forgive my stupidity if that does not help.

Choppy movement can be the result of incorrect code or your DXDraw.options settings. In case of the latter, check whether doWaitVBlank is set to true.
When that doesn't work, create a post in the www.pascalgamedevelopment.com forums, as you might get more advice there. Be sure to include some of your code.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement