• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Promit

Building a dynamic GLFW on OSX?

This topic is 4401 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need a dynamically linked GLFW binary (libglfw.so) on OSX, but the Makefile only has a static target. I am not too familiar with what the process for doing this is on OSX, since they modified GCC somewhat. I'd appreciate some assistance. This is OS 10.3 Panther and GCC 3.x by the way. (On a related note, does OSX actualy use .so files? I'm seeing stuff with .dylib files in the ADC docs.) [Edited by - Promit on July 3, 2006 2:54:20 PM]

Advertisement
the easiest way is to get a complete framework. if you get into linker troubles try to disable zerolink. i don't think there are .so files.

Ehm. I have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm looking for a .so because that's what Tao.Glfw expects to link to.

Alright, so I'm quite certain that what I need is an OSX bundle. I'm just not sure how to correctly compile GLFW into a bundle; all my efforts so far have failed. I have a simple C test file that attempts to pull out glfwInit via the dynamic loading calls, but it never finds it.

This seems like it ought to be pretty straightforward...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!