[.net] Tao and OSX

Started by
3 comments, last by Promit 17 years, 9 months ago
What is the status of Tao on OSX? The main thing bothering me is that all of the .dll.config files remap to .so files, which I'm not sure exist on OSX. Also, I want to use Tao.Glfw but can't figure out how, since it only builds as a static library on OSX. I'm just generally very lost as to how to get things up and running under OSX, and I'd appreciate help.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Advertisement
The Tao Future Plans page has this to say about OS X (and it's not very reassuring)

Quote:MacOS X support

Make sure that the MacOS X support is correct, and that the assembly .config files reference the correct .dylib bits on OSX.

If you don't get an answer here the Tao and Mono-osx mailing lists might have someone that can help.

Also, for general information on OS X development, this page at kernelthread.com might be useful.
Ok, fine. The could someone for god's sake point me to the docs for those .dll.config files? I can't find anything anywhere on Mono's site, or anywhere else.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
This is certainly something I'd be interested in seeing progress. To my knowledge, the Toddler Game used SDL.NET (which uses Tao.Sdl), and targeted Mac platforms primarily, I could be wrong though. You might want to check that out... Also, be sure to bring up the issue on the Tao Forum and the mailing list.

Tao.Sdl.dll.config.osx might be a good example to work off of...
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
So I put in the OSX config (dropped the .osx part), but it still freezes on the SDL_Init call, using the Rectangles sample. Damnit [sad]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement