Console Developing Sites & Console Emulators and Roms

Started by
14 comments, last by rodneyldixon 23 years, 1 month ago
quote:Original post by Some Guy

Original post by rodneyldixon

Does anybody know of any Console Developing Sites that will help with the art and instruction on creating emulators & roms for the following systems:

N64
PS2
Playstation
Dreamcast
Genesis
SNES
NES
Sega Mastersystem
Arcade
Game Gear
Nintendo Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advanced

Alright I'll try not to flame you (try), but instead I'll give this advice:

Go for something smaller.

Look at that list, man! You've got everything from the dying N64 to the brand new PS2 to all these old systems that you won't make any money off of– unless you're a pirate and that's why you're so interested in emulation.

Also the PS2 thing really throws me. Have you read an article on how the PS2's hardware works? Trust me– that's not what you want to deal with. Rather than one big CPU like the GameCube has, the PS2 essentially has 3: one main CPU and two supporting ones. These circulate to put out the best performance possible.

That would be hard to emulate wouldn't it ?

Nail it down to smaller projects. What's the use in making programs for systems ten or fifteen years old? There's no point. What's more, you won't enjoy doing it because you'll know where it's going– nowhere.

Ok. I will nail down to smaller projects. But what could I develop instead of emulators & roms?

Edited by - rodneyldixon on February 20, 2001 6:20:03 PM
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Qoy

Listen dude... I know this is a waste of time for me to post this, but here''s my advice:

Read the above reply. Read it three times. Then go back to any of your other posts, and read the replies to them at least three times each.

Go back and read your posts and see how repetitive they are. Would you waste your time responding to such a post if it occurred over and over?

Then Stop Posting.

This should be obvious to you. I''m not trying to be mean. People are pissed off and annoyed at you, and they have a right to be. This is GameDev.Net not DelphiProgrammer/Rodneyldixon help line.

People do NOT become programmers by asking questions and ignoring the replies. Simply wanting to make emulators does not help you. Read the replies, stop posting, buy a book and read. This is an order

NO! I wouldn''t answer the question if it kept occuring over and over again. But let me tell you a little secret to my postings,
(If you answer it the first time, I wouldn''t have to post it so many other times!)
I move for this topic to be officially closed. There''s just no point in it being open.
C:DOSC:DOSRUNRUN DOSRUN
quote:Original post by rodneyldixon
NO! I wouldn''t answer the question if it kept occuring over and over again. But let me tell you a little secret to my postings,
(If you answer it the first time, I wouldn''t have to post it so many other times!)

Look at your own history. Has posting the same thing over and over and over EVER made people more likely to answer. Or better yet, use some common sense and realize that if people don''t want to answer your questions in the first place (either because they don''t know, or, in your case, because they are so obtuse as to require pages of explanation that you wouldn''t understand anyway), posting them repeatedly is not going to make a difference.

Just a few days ago, in the other thread with this same topic, I warned you again about repeat posting. How fucking stupid are you?

quote:Original post by rodneyldixon
But what could I develop instead of emulators & roms?

How about a text program that displays "Hello world"? That seems like a sufficient stretch for your abilities.
Wow, he actually replied to one of his own posts!!! He actually read it!!! Hang on, wait a minute... he replied... um... 3 times! What, making up for lost time rodney? Once just wasn''t annoying enough? I see. Follows your logic I guess.

You''ll stop if we don''t flame you? As if. Who the fuck do you think you are demaning conditions? You agree to developing smaller projects, you ask what you could develop - here''s a tip, learn to program, you bloody moron. That''s such a stupid question. It''s like going up to someone and asking them "what am I capable of programming???". Actually, you''re so thick you probably don''t think that''s stupid. multitap called you a fuckhead... I like that... fuckhead, suits you (i''m quoting multitap there, i''m allowed to say it twice ). You also kindly divulge the secret way of the rodney - you''ll stop asking the same question when you get an answer - nice! Oh hang on, you already GOT AN ANSWER IN YOUR FIRST POST ON THIS SUBJECT, YOU FUCKHEAD Can you say contradiction? (look it up in the dictionary, you idiot).
My God you''re an asshole... ban this idiot again please, close all his threads... no, delete them, seeing them brings up the bile from my stomach.

Insomnia
Insomnia
The cool part about his reply is that his question was indeed answered in the earlier post on the same subject. If rodneyldixon had looked at the reply by me he would have found information that wuld have been helpful. But since he did not then he has made his bed.
If you missed a great moment in history don't worry, it'll repeat itself.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement