Text Game

Started by
1 comment, last by supercat1 17 years, 9 months ago
Well im pretty new to programming in c++ iam on windows and use devcpp i know the basics thing u need to know in order to make a text based game but the thing is where or how do i get started and not only do i wanna make a text game i want it to be online to ppl can interact with each other a mud what have u so ya plase help me out
Advertisement
A good first step may be to check your . key. It seems to be broken.
then after that (which will be useful when working with classes and structs and what not) possibly download some text based games and analyze what they are doing. possibly even try to find source to learn from. if nothing else, take an example game you like and try to emulate a little bit of it. i did this, and though it was tough at first, it taught me how to research stuff and expanded some horizons. i'm no industry vet, but i would think many people would say learn from examples and through some trial and error.

speaking of dev-cpp though, it has a great number of devpaks that you can download, some of which may help you in learning how to work with network code. not sure if there are any text based game engines (if there ever were ...) but there are some open source 3d engines there.

good luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement