• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Bluseed

OpenGL Slow Opengl

This topic is 4488 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So my 3d card is dead now, and opengl is going really slow i can barely execute a program with 3 images in it and i have 2.4 ghz 512 ram Dell hehe, IS there anything i can do to make it run faster without the dam vid card?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
lol @ dell. I bet it died 1 day after the warranty ran out ;P

What do u mean it died tho? And how are you running GL without a video card? Did you intall software GL drivers? What kind of card is it?

Well its a crappy MadFX5500 i think, and just all of a sudden the fan stopped!!!! I let it cool down for a couple of days and now it makes a nasty scraping clunking sound like the fans gettn ate up by the metal but everything looks fine, i dont know, but it doesnt function.
Ummm and I just regularly installed opengl i guess i installed the software drivers, whatever it came with to install so.....probably.

Is there anything i can do. Im hella far on my pong prog and i cant put any more images in the prog without the comp slowing down a great deal...

my suggestion -- go to bestbuy and get a new gpu. don't have to get top of the line (probably will want to upgrade when vista comes out anyways, so why blow all that money now?) but a decent one and install that. costs more than you want i'm sure, but if you still are under warranty then i would say get dell to replace it.

but yeah, you can't really live without the gpu. :-\

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!