• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Puzzle Maker

Demo of my puzzle game

This topic is 4423 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is a demo of my puzzel game. I Would like any feedback on how it looks and plays so far. This game is remotely similar to wheel of fortune. This is a windows build Get a zip or a install zip 3.41MB exe 2.95MB Thank You and enjoy the game Screen Shot [Edited by - Puzzle Maker on July 4, 2006 12:08:22 AM]

Advertisement
Quote:
I tried the .zip version but I get an unhandled exception when I try to start the game :(

Sorry i don't yet know what could be the cause of that unhandled exception. Can you tell me what version of windows you are using.

Quote:
Interesting game, much like Wheel of Fortune as far as I understood it.

Thank you!! Yes it is a lot like Wheel of Fortune.
Do you think i need to make the instructions more clear as to how the game is played?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Nice game, congrats in making a nice, functional game.

some suggestions though:

1) The game screen is in general, pretty dark. Lighten it up a bit would be nice.

2) The "rollette" is kinda hard to read, with the narrow bars with highlight in the middle. Some of the colors are making the numbers hard to read, like the blue bars. Generally blue, especially the one with R:0, G:0, B:255 is considered dark color, so putting black font on top of it is making it hard to read. I'd suggest that you use flat, light color panels with beavels instead of the center highlighted one you are using. If you must use darker color panels, perhaps you should change the font colors (Light fonts on dark back ground and dark font over light background) to have better contrast.

3) Seems like you are using 256 colors mode, is there any reason you don't want to use higher color mode (16- or 24-bits)? Most if not all computers nowadays works fine with higher color mode, and is faster in higher color modes than 256 colors.

4) Perhaps you could shaffle the panels after a stage(or change some of the panels/prize)? That will make the game more interesting.

5) The "spinning" seems automated, perhaps you could let the player decide when to start/stop the spinning?

6) Would you consider using scenery images (or other images, there are lots of free royalty free images on the net) as the back ground, and change the background every/afetr a few stage?

I hope my suggestions could help you improve your game.

--geekman--

Hi geekman
Thank you for your feedback you have come up with some
great suggestions and opened my eyes to some things
that i haven't realized this is the first really good
evaluation of the game that i have had and i will
start implementing some of those changes this
weekend look for a new release in about two weeks

Quote:
Nice game, congrats in making a nice, functional game.

Thank you very much.

Quote:
Seems like you are using 256 colors mode, is there any reason you don't want to use higher color mode (16- or 24-bits)? Most if not all computers nowadays works fine with higher color mode, and is faster in higher color modes than 256 colors.

Yes stratavon does use 256 colors. I started creating the game about four years
ago, and created most of the graphics at that time. I really don't remember
why i chose 256 colors, but everything looked good so i just stuck with it.
Although to implement some of the changes i will be making. I may have to
make the move to true color.

Quote:
Perhaps you could shaffle the panels after a stage(or change some of the panels/prize)? That will make the game more interesting.

Fantastic idea!

Quote:
The "spinning" seems automated, perhaps you could let the player decide when to start/stop the spinning?

If you play in advanced mode you can stop the spinning by clicking on
the dollar sign button.

Quote:
I hope my suggestions could help you improve your game.

I think these suggestions will do allot to improve game play.

Agian thanks for your feedback

Puzzle Maker

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!