• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

how to get into the gaming industry with my music? link to my music

This topic is 4339 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all im a computer user since the Amiga times i produce since i was 9 years old started on an Amiga 500 then 1200....first pro tracker the octamed then i switched to PC and here I am 22 years old without one penny from my music except what ive sold to internet people and real life friends. My question is anyone interested in my music as a in game music ? I have tons of music so ive just put a few of my state of art LOL music here: www.myspace.com/moonglowmamba and here www.myspace.com/mambavgroots... Someone told me i should start with amateur groups who need sound and music i can provide some sound but im far more good into music so my 'dream' is in my 'music career' to start with the gaming industry eventually earn some money and buy the equipment i need to make an album for labels aka 'getting big' ok let the flaming begin im a noob def. in the gaming industry peace any information would be helpful and i would be more than happy to give my songs for free in anykind of game project for the start... im regualry hitting my music production program and making tracks everyday.... peace out brothers from the Amiga times and all else.

Advertisement
my suggestion is to scan the help wanted forums, and you could always make a topic there to advertise your wares. I guess people should be interested if the music is of decent quality (didn't bother to check it out yet ;)). If you'd post this a few months later, I might be interested for my project.

But I think the way to go is just show people your stuff, and if they see quality in it, they might approach you with requests to use your music, or create specific music. Just do some amateur projects first, don't expect to see money in the beginning. Build up a resume of what you have produced, and if you get good and experienced, people from bigger projects might contact you, and you might even make some money I guess (not too experienced with making money in this business, unfortunately.

Of course, having a degree somewhere in the field also helps a lot, but if you have one/want to go for one is not something I have any knowledge of :)

Good luck!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!