• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kordova

OpenGL Fullscreen display colors and blends incorrectly

This topic is 4427 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This could possibly be an SDL issue, as I am using SDL to set up an OpenGL rendering context. Anyway, I have been testing an application in windowed mode until today. Unfortunately, when I entered fullscreen mode the colorating and blending seem to be functioning incorrectly. Windowed example: Fullscreen example: I thought that it might be texture related, but rendering a three colored triangle displays the same poor effects. My SDL initialization code is:
  SDL_GL_SetAttribute( SDL_GL_RED_SIZE, 8 );
  SDL_GL_SetAttribute( SDL_GL_GREEN_SIZE, 8 );
  SDL_GL_SetAttribute( SDL_GL_BLUE_SIZE, 8 );
  SDL_GL_SetAttribute( SDL_GL_BUFFER_SIZE, 32 );
  SDL_GL_SetAttribute( SDL_GL_DEPTH_SIZE, 16 );
  SDL_GL_SetAttribute( SDL_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER, 1 );                                               

// SDL_OPENGLBLIT allows SDL to draw alongside OpenGL
  // Use SDL_OPENGL if OpenGL exclusive application
  Uint32 flags = SDL_OPENGL | SDL_HWSURFACE;
  if ( _fullscreen ) {
    flags |= SDL_FULLSCREEN;
  }

_screen = SDL_SetVideoMode( _windowWidth, _windowHeight, 16,                  flags );

if ( !_screen ) {
    printf( "ERROR: Unable to initialize SDL screen: %s", SDL_GetError( )); 
    return false;
  }

if ( !( _screen->flags & SDL_HWSURFACE )) {
    printf( "WARNING: Can't get hardware surface\n" );
  }

I get the warning when in windowed mode so I believe that to be the source of the issue. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
That param to SDL_SetVideoMode should be 32, not 16. I was too focused on the set attribute functions. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!