C# GUI engines

Started by
4 comments, last by Calin 17 years, 9 months ago
Are there any open source/free gui engines around? I'm contemplating using Irrlicht.NET but it doesn't yet have gui part built, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any libraries for C#. [Sorry for posting in the wrong forum...]
Advertisement
It's not easy, but it is possible to co-opt the GUI elements in the DirectX SDK - there's a good sample.

The elements, I think, are made hard to extract from the Framework object on purpose. For a recent school project, we ended up just forcing the Framework stuff into our existing code. Took about a day.

Also check out Crazy Eddie's GUI. But you may need to write your own renderer for it :-(.

Yeah, I know, 3D GUI elements suck. I don't know why, you would think someone would have writen a good lib by now.

Shedletsky's Bits: A Blog | ROBLOX | Twitter
Time held me green and dying
Though I sang in my chains like the sea...

Quote:Original post by Telamon
Also check out Crazy Eddie's GUI. But you may need to write your own renderer for it :-(.
Although not completely up to par, CeGuiSharp has recently shown some progress:

There's still a lot of work to do on it, but Cygon's branch seems to be working. We'll be merging it with the trunk sometime in the next week and hopefully get around to making a release.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Telamon

Long time since I looked in the mess they call the DXSDK... last time I did that I ended up having a long discussion with ZMan about the pitfalls of M$ coding support... but none-the-less, it's a resource I had forgotten about. Thanks for reminding me!

Rob

Thanks, I will take a look at it shortly!
I'm currently on porting my GUI tutorials to a new level of clarity(!) as well as making it in C#. You may find those tutorials on my webpage soon, until then I recommend that you look into the CEGUISharp and/or try to use GUI from DirectX SDK. There is a tutorial on CodeProject about Managed DirectX C# GUI
and a variety of other links on Google showing up, you just have to research a bit more time on this particular topic.
"Don't try. Do it now."
In addition to what has been already mentioned, C-Unit has a C# tutorial on GUI creation.
Immediate Mode GUI seems an interesting subject, you might want to look it up.

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement