Acceptable FPS

Started by
1 comment, last by TWild 17 years, 9 months ago
I am running my engine on a Pentium D 2.8 Ghz, 2 GB of RAM, ATI x600, but it seems the fps is pretty low for just rendering a 128 x 128 terrain, skydome, and a cube. (~38 FPS, ~26 millisecs pf) I am using all shaders. When I don't render anything at all, I get 76 fps and 13 millisecs per frame. Shouldn't I be getting better performance than this? Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
---------------------My specs (because I always forget to post them)Intel P4 2.4 GHz640 MB system memoryRadeon 9700 PROWindows XPDirectX 9DirectX 8.1 SDK
Advertisement
Have you disabled VSync? (set presentation interval to immediate & disable VSync from the driver settings)
"We should have a great fewer disputes in the world if words were taken for what they are, the signs of our ideas only, and not for things themselves." - John Locke
Quote:Original post by Agony
Have you disabled VSync? (set presentation interval to immediate & disable VSync from the driver settings)

I had VSync disabled, but didnt have the presentation interval set to immediate. That doubled the fps and halved the mpf - Thanks
---------------------My specs (because I always forget to post them)Intel P4 2.4 GHz640 MB system memoryRadeon 9700 PROWindows XPDirectX 9DirectX 8.1 SDK

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement