• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
forestlaw89

Does anyone no what this devC++ error means

This topic is 4519 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

A message box popped up after I updated to the latest version of sdl 1.24, and compiled and ran my DevC++ project. The name of the app is SDL.exe. on the caption of the message box it says: "SDL.exe - Entry Point Not Found" and in the main part of the message box it says: "The procedue entry point SDL_LoadObject could not be located in the dynamic link library SDL.dll" I have no idea what this error is and when I look on google, I only find this error for non related items. So if anyone knows what this error means please help.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
it might mean that you dont have a 'main' function (main = program entry point)

This has nothing to do with the "main" function.

Your program wants to use the SDL_LoadObject function from SDL.dll, but the version of SDL.dll you are using does not support this function. Ensure that the version of SDL.dll matched that of SDL.lib that you are using when building the project.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!