• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[web] the great WHO is developing a web-game topic

This topic is 4319 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

As the topic-thread says: Who of you guys is developing a web-based game as we speak or already has it finished and or leaving it to die :) Before you post your game include the following things: Url of the game : ( self explanatory ) Name of game: ( self explanatory ) Description:( self explanatory ) Type of game: Turn, real-time, tick based, forum based, email, other Genre of game: strategy, fantasy etc... And also tell us if you want ofcourse, how long it took you to develop the game, ups and downs. good and bad moments. And how you are looking at the future!

Advertisement
Hi

Url of the game : Not public
Name of game: Various names, either "Mages of mayhem" or "Wizzy wizards" (the old working title)
Description:

A tick-based strategy / resource management game. You plan everything ahead of time - the main gameplay is in choosing who to allocate to what.

You control a small band of warriors /mages and some peasants (typically 20-100 in total). These can be ordered to go and do things. Battles happen during a tick, and you subsequently receive a battle report of what happened several ticks later when your guys return (or not, if there was nobody left to deliver it). Or you may receive a message like "The party attacking / scouting "some location" is two days late returning and are presumed dead".

Type of game: Tick-based, uses fairly basic web technology but (moderately) advanced gameplay engine.

Genre of game: Strategy and fantasy :)

---

Completion: I estimate, reached about 40% completion; many things worked quite well - the basic mechanics was done (foraging, agriculture) and combat partially implemented. No spells / skills yet though, or things like merchants, messengers and recruitment.

Status: Definitely dead. May subsequently get resurrected though in a different form; some of the ideas were pretty good (I thought) and what I got working did work pretty well.

I began work in 2004 and continued a bit in 2005, then gave up due to technical difficulties and lack of arsed-ness.

Mark

Url of the game : www.lordsofmidnight.com

Description: Player vs. Player Turn Based Strategy

Genre of game: Fantasy

Started: March 2004

Completion: 75% (Beta V0.5 is currently up)

My only real difficulty is not knowing how to make a good game. I had lots of ideas, but you learn a lot from trial and error. Even though I knew most of what I wanted from the start, I didn't realize how much work actually has to go into programming to make a good game. To date, I'm up to about 22k lines of code.

Well, the picture above is obviously me... (I'm the one on the right).

I think it's a error on the creators page :P

Url of the game : http://www.echoempires.com/echocondria

Name of game: Echocondria: Reborn

Description: Web based rpg with a real time turn based fighting system much similar to old SNES RPG's. Magic and item creating using items found around the world. I have 10 base job classes and two factions, Hero and Monster. I will be adding two more factions, Vampire and ET. Also each job class has up to 15 upgrade classes.

Game Status: The game is out of beta but I am adding a lot more features now.

Type of game: Real-Time -- Text/2D

Genre of game: RPG

[Edited by - Raz Malone on July 16, 2006 8:26:02 PM]

Can't reveal much, but I'll give you a mockup :)

url:
can't say.

name:
can't say.

description:
Game revolves around you being a pirate. You can sail around, do missions, buy new ships, crew and maps, attack other pirates (players). Ultimate "goal" is based on getting the highest bounty. A high bounty means a high ranking, and fame, but also makes you a very wanted target for other players, because of the rewards.
Game will run in all modern browsers, and will not require flash.

release:
First public beta in August this year.

screenie:

Url of the game : Not public

Name of game: The World of the Yellowberry Snowman[Very much a working title]

Description: javascript multiplayer tilebased game

Type of game: Real-time (Turn based battles)

Genre of game: Multiplayer RPG

Very early in development. I hope to use server push with flash. I want to develop a simple world where the player can move around and fight others in RPG style battles. Other players can join in fights or just watch.

I have a php socket setup with client push but I'm having trouble getting it to push to the client.

Url of the game : ( http://www.airlinemanager.co.uk )

Name of game: ( Airline Manager )

Description:

Online airline management game. Players establish and run an airline, competing against each other. Players control everything from leasing/buying aircraft, managing staff relations and wages, and establishing and scheduling new routes to meet capacity.

Type of game: Tick based, however each tick will be at least a day, the game will close at midnight for processing. Possibly processing every second/third day depending on how long it takes to process the data

Genre of game: Strategy, management, simulation I guess

Progress: yet to begin. Ive been thinking about it for a few years now, I bought the domain last year, and started making a test sample. Ive now came up with a new design, so will eventaully start coding it.... maybe

Url of the game : http://capix.nl

Name of game: Capix - Advanced Warfare -

Description: Capix is a webbased strategic text-based game played on the web directly through your browser.

Featuring real-time team-orientated gaming, Capix can also be played as an individual. Your goal? Build your country into an international Nuclear power and destroy all opposition along the way with your army of space, air, sea and ground forces

Type of game: Real-Time

Genre of game: simulation + strategy

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!