• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

strange problem when using my program

This topic is 4339 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

in my computer, my program works fine. but in my friend's computer my progrem gives an error msg: "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect . reinstalling the application may fix this problem" what can cause this and how can i fix it? i think its mybe because he dont have the dll's of my libary i got?? if yes how do i add them to my zip?? and if not... how do i fix this? thanks in advance

Advertisement
Doubt it is dlls missing since Windows will normally display a more specific message than that in that case.

If it IS that, just put the dlls in the zip so that when unzipped, they end up in the same directory as the program.

[EDIT] Actually, if your library is dynamic-loading the dlls itself, I suppose it could display any message it wants if it fails to find them. I was thinking above more about statically-linked dlls.

well i was reading about this... and i found a program that check some stuff and... it writes me this:
"
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module."

what does that mean?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!