• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
niazware

Error in Release version

This topic is 4491 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi friends I had a strange problem in one of my past projects, I made the game in D3D 9 and Visual C++ 6, added my objects step by step, everything was ok, but suddenly I found that I can't run the game in Release mode, of course every thing was great in debug mode, I had to remove some of the objects in order to run the program in release mode; I get erros when running the program in release mode, and since I can't use breakpoints in release mode I'm not able to find the reason, when I switch to debug mode I get no errors. what should I do? thanks in advance

Advertisement
In Debug mode, all variables are initialized for you. Double check that you initialize all your variables to a good starting value (especially pointers to NULL).

Good Luck

Upgrade to VC 2005 EE also. VC6 has issues (I'm nearly 100% sure this has nothing to do with your issue though).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!