• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
indigox3

MFC ComboBox problem

This topic is 4487 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm new to MFC programming, and I'm trying to create a simple drop down with a few items in a .rc file. Inside the file the COMBOBOX is created with the CB_DROPDOWNLIST and CB_TABSTOP styles. The problem I have is that after I add the elements, when I click the litte down arrow to show the other list items, the list only expands vertically just enough to show 1 item, but I want it to show all the possible items. I'm pretty sure its just a style issue but I can't figure it out...

Advertisement
If you created it via the Resoruce Editor GUI, and you double clicked to drop it into your dialog then. I would recommend not doing that. If you single click on the combobox you get a different cursor that lets you drag the size of the combo box. This includes the size of the dropdown area for the combo. By default I think it makes a very small area.

OR you can go to the resource, select the combo box and if you click it it will toggle through different selection modes, the first selection mode being to resize the drop down area, the 2nd to size the edito area ( with the down arrow button ).

Oh, that gave me an idea, I opened up the .rc file and just edited the height of the dropdown.

That seems to work, thanks!!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!