• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Paddon

Stationary Fog

This topic is 4493 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am currently trying to implement a new visualization program for data generated by our new research. Essentially what is happening is we are collecting data through a simulated liquid system in three dimensional bins (think a cube divded into smaller cubes each being a bin) now the output for this simulation is going to be in the format x y z A B C D E F G.....etc and what I would like to do is set up some sort of systems in which the bounds of the "box" of the system are drawn and inside is some sort of interpretation of this data (i.e. density, dipole moments, and other arbitary concepts which are hard to visualize) Now I was thinking something along the lines of infrared vision you might see in movies. Where different values of the variable A for example are shown as different colors and different densities of color and the colors flow into one another (like a gradient of sorts). Now my first assumption is to do this by impelmenting a fog engine of sorts, and controlling the density and color of the fog via the generated data. I was wondering if anyone had any input on this idea or a better idea on how to visualize this non-physical data, we want to relate this to spatial dependance, however. If not I was also wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good staionary fog engine tutorial, especially one which I can control the density and the color, and in which the "fog" is independant of the viewport. Thanks

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!