• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
talas

glBegin(GL_LINES) Sampling Question

This topic is 4427 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to implement a small overlay in my application, but am getting some unexpected results. Basically, I'm rending a map, but I also have data that can be read in, to construct a path, based on an arrangement of lat/lng coordinates. The map can display textures for topographical information, or nothing at all (and so, no textured quads). The problem I'm having, is that at some viewing angles, the constructed path seems to fade from its original color, and other times it disappears completely. I have lighting turned off, so I'm not sure what exactly is going on. The entire color of the constructed path is changing or disappearing also, this doesn't just happen to one leg. At each leg intersection, I have bitmaps describing the point of interest. These bitmaps do not seem to change color or disappear at all. My only thought is that there is a sampling issue, but I read somewhere that glBegin(GL_LINES) does not sample, and is always constructed with the width set by the glLineWidth() function. Anyway, I can't figure out what's causing this issue. Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks. PS: All of this is constructed in the perspective projection. I really have no bias against switching it to a 2D overlay projection, except that I have to convert all the points to screen space, which seems like a waste of computation if I don't have to do it..

Advertisement
screenshot perhaps, do u have texturing enabled. if it its the lines will draw with the current texture + texture coordinates

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!