• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Hardguy

The Horrorgame Penumbra Updated!

This topic is 4341 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Version 1.1 of the Horror game Penumbra has been released. The Update includes: Extended graphic cards support: GeForce 3/4 and Radeon 8500-9200 as well as all previously supported cards. Language support: Now supports several different languages. A big Thank You to the community for the translations. Extended options: All effects can now be set in-game, allowing users to tweak them for best possible game experience. Fixes and additions: A general overhaul of the game fixing reported issues and bugs as well as adding some minor new additions to the game. Get the game here! Enjoy! :)

Advertisement
Ok, I missed this the first time around but I'm definitely playing through it now. Guys, I am impressed. The use of physics to solve problems is really welcome in the adventure genre.

However...that intro was really harsh on the ears. Was it a combination of overdrive and reverb? What were you trying to accomplish with that kind of processing? That threw me off right away. Ok, so part of what I do for a living is produce dialog for games so I'll be picky about audio any game. But this sounded like a design choice and I couldn't figure why. The setup could have been so much more impacting but I imagine most people skip it after hearing a few lines.

I know you used like the lowest setting of OGG possible but was that for file size issues? After the presentation I was really expecting a very amateur affair but was pleasantly surprised. The rest of the game looks, sounds, plays, feels great.

Tony

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!