problems remove()ing with std::list

Started by
12 comments, last by GameDev.net 17 years, 9 months ago
Quote:Original post by Ezbez
I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what you mean. Which lines in particular would be the "offending" ones? The declarations of my Windows? Adding the child Windows to the parent Windows? I will test out using new on my Windows, though.

Sorry, by the offending lines I mean those which directly cause the error (eg. comment out the call to RemoveChild).

And I'm sorta sure that my problem with debugging comes from using SDL. Would I need to use a special debugging library instead of the typical SDL library?

Edit: some of my debugger output is:

"'OpenGLApplication.exe': Loaded 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Tom's Useless Junk\OpenGL Games\Gravitas\Debug\SDL.dll', Binary was not built with debug information."

I doubt that's the problem, most (all?) of the standard Windows DLLs you use would be built without debug information. All that means is that you can't step into the code of those DLLs and have any idea where you are, you'll only get the actual CPU instructions being executed in the disassembly view.

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.".....V
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by joanusdmentia
Sorry, by the offending lines I mean those which directly cause the error (eg. comment out the call to RemoveChild).

Well, I comment out that, and the program runs fine. Just the child Windows don't re-order based on focus.
Alright, I have a fairly major update.

I compiled my project with Code::Blocks using GCC to compile. And, surprisingly, it worked perfectly. There's no crash and does what it's supposed to do, too.

This first led me to think that there was possibly a bug in Microsoft's implementation of the standard library. But, I found that unlikely seeing as this is their 8th version of it.

So, do you think it is Microsoft's error, or do I have a devious error that will probably hide for a while under GCC and then resurface again?

[Edited by - Ezbez on July 9, 2006 4:14:36 AM]
Alright, I have a fairly major update.

I compiled my project with Code::Blocks using GCC to compile. And, surprisingly, it worked perfectly. There's no crash and does what it's supposed to do, too.

This first led me to think that there was possibly a bug in Microsoft's implementation of the standard library. But, I found that unlikely seeing as this is their 8th version of it.

So, do you think it is Microsoft's error, or do I have a devious error that will probably hide for a while under GCC and then resurface again?

Yes, you have a hidden bug somewhere that corrupts your data. Problems like that are hard to find.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement