NVidia SDK

Started by
5 comments, last by daviangel 17 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I trying to compile the samples from the latest NVidia SDK, however I am using Visual Studio Express 2005 and it seems that the SDK was written for Visual Studio 2003 and the compliler can't find a file called afxres.h in the resource file. does anyone know how to compile the NVidia SDK samples using Visual Studio 2005?
Advertisement
What sample is it? afaik, afxres.h is part of MFC, which isn't included with VC Express.
Holy crap I started a blog - http://unobvious.typepad.com/
Quote:Original post by Starfox
What sample is it? afaik, afxres.h is part of MFC, which isn't included with VC Express.

the sample I was interested in today was HDR with 2x FP16 MRTs, however I'd like to be able to compile all the DirectX and OpenGL samples without any problems.

How can I install MFC on VC Express?

I'm not a Direct3D guy, so I can't help you much there.

As for MFC on VC Express, you'll need to obtain the MFC source, read: Buy VC pro.
Holy crap I started a blog - http://unobvious.typepad.com/
The MFC problem exists in the GL programs too.
I noticed that the compatible d3d programs include <WinResRc.h> instead of <afxres.h> and replacing this seems to solve the problem. I now have other build problems, such as missing libs or multiply defined symbols etc
i think that the platform sdk could help.
you can download it free from microsoft
astu.
Quote:Original post by Starfox

Yup it's MFC stuff that VS2005 express versions don't come with.
You could try this:
Oddly enough, VC++ adds afxres.h to resource files even when you aren't using an MFC project, and yet the file may only be installed if you install MFC. This perticular file isn't actually required, so to fix the error you can edit the .rc file in notepad and replace both occurances of "afxres.h" with "winres.h" (note that there should be two of them, and you need to change both).
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement