• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

help

This topic is 4247 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My help information doesn't find anything on vc++ 2005. I get ----------------------------------------------- The information you are trying to access could not be found. Various events could have caused this error. You have chosen to use local Help only for Search and F1 results, and the topic could not be found in local Help. This error can be caused when local Help has not been installed or only a subset of local Help was installed. To correct this error On the Tools menu, click Options. Expand Help and then click Online. In When loading Help content, select Try local first, then online. -------------------------------------------------- I have got these option selected and it doesn't do anything. Do I need to download something to get it to work? I just tried to get a windows form to work (UI) and it doesn't so i look at help and it doesn't work.

Advertisement
It means that whatever you are searching for is not in the help files distributed with VC++ (on your harddrive) and it is suggesting it looks at Microsoft online help database instead.

Unless there is some kind of corruption in your local help file or you are looking for something obscure, whatever you are looking for SHOULD be in your local help.

If not, I'd suggest going to MSDN manually with internet explorer and having a search on the site. I assume this will access the same knowledge base that the help would if you could get the online thing to work.

HTH Paul

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement