• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
aphelix

problems in corners.

This topic is 4341 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I made basic 3d work for learning directx.All seems ok.But when i look carefully, objects in corners of the screen derformes (little skew).All perspective stuffs are prepared by directx. Why this deformation occurs.Thanks!

Advertisement
Hi,

It's difficult to say without seeing what you're seeing, but it sounds pretty normal for when you're getting started with 3D.

I recommend getting to grips with the near and far plane distances, and the field of view. If the near plane is too close to the camera, you can get some wierd stuff. As a point gets to the plane the camera is on, the screen positions shoot up to +ve infinity.

Try out some different values. Preferably binding keys to the values so you can tweak them in real time.

Doing this, and drawing lots of diagrams on paper should help you find something which works.

Mark.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!