• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
neilski_2003

Connecting two vertices

This topic is 4491 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, I am in the middle of creating a character, but the way i ahve done it means that i am left with a void at the bottom of the foot. I am sure i remeber doing an example where i could connect two vertices wuith a new edge but i can't seem to find the book or example from which i did it. So can anyone help me with how i can create a new edge between two vertices and sow up the bottom of my characters foot? Cheers for any help Neil.

Advertisement
Without specifying which modelling package you're using, nobody is going to know where to begin to provide assistance.

I suggest finding a good tutorial, and seeing how they solve this particular problem. There's bound to be quite a few ways, and some may work better in your situation than others.

its not possible to connect 2 verts.. since you're dealing with triangles you can connect 3 or more otherwise you got a straight line.

assuming you're in max:
Anyway in edit poly if you select the last component type, (looks like a loop), select an edge on the hole, then look in the options and click 'cap' it should fill the hole

Quote:
Original post by Professor420
You could also just extrude edges (not as quick).

but would that actually close the mesh? all models should be made closed if you plan on having it cast stencil shadows. the select the edges and cap will close the hole and close the mesh.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!