First OpenGL Code W/ Big Compile Errorr!??!??!

Started by
13 comments, last by PB Baller27 17 years, 9 months ago
Hm. I really don't know what could possibly be wrong. I just compiled the program without any problems (from the command line, though). Try this, too. Open the "Visual Studio Command Prompt" (from the "Tools"-menu in start menu entry for VS2k5), navigate to your source code file and type "cl your-file.cpp" to compile it to an executable. No linker- or compiler settings are required.

If this succeeds with no errors occuring, there's a problemwith your project file.

HTH,
Pat.
Advertisement
Hey guys thanks again for the replies.darookie I did what you said and compiled it but sadly still got the same errors. If anyone else can help or point me to another forum that could help I would really appreciate it.
IT IS A GLORIOUS DAY. OPENGL WORKS!!!!! I ACTUALLY CREATED WINDOW! I know its not much but after spending 2 days installing and trying to get a new compiler working Im overjoyed. Thanks to everyone for helping! :)
Quote:Original post by PB Baller27
Hey guys thanks again for the replies.darookie I did what you said and compiled it but sadly still got the same errors. If anyone else can help or point me to another forum that could help I would really appreciate it.

I made a new project, pasted the latest code that you posted and it compiled without a glitch. Did you try Rebuilt All? That usually helps. If that doesn't work, make a new project, make sure it's an empty project and disable precompiled headers.

EDIT: never mind, it loooks like you already solved the issue before I finished typing.
deathkrushPS3/Xbox360 Graphics Programmer, Mass Media.Completed Projects: Stuntman Ignition (PS3), Saints Row 2 (PS3), Darksiders(PS3, 360)
heh yea. By the way basically all I did was take out the windows.h since it was screwing up. Then took out the gl.h since that was making compile errors and the glu.h. I went on the net and downloaded glut.h from

http://www.xmission.com/~nate/glut.html

put that in and everything worked.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement