• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Dwiel

libcp.lib issues

This topic is 4365 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey I am working on getting an app going that will be using DirectShow so I am using DX9.0b Summer 2004. I am also using VS2005. When I try to compile the EmptyProject it gives me a linker error: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcp.lib' I read on other threads such as this one: D3DX link error on libcp.lib? However it doesn't seem to be helping. I tried ignoring the library. that gave me the message: 1>CVTRES : fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:MANIFEST, name:1, language:0x0409 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt The other threads suggest deleting the manifest file next. So I do that. and I get: 1>CVTRES : fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:MANIFEST, name:1, language:0x0409 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt Any ideas on what is going on here? I just want to get a simple DX project running so I can start doing something interesting. How can I get this to compile and are there any other basic frameworks that you would recomend using isntead? Thanks!

Advertisement
IIRC you must use multi-threaded libraries if linking to DirectShow. By the way DirectShow is now in the Platform SDK so you can get the latest DirectX SDK and still use DirectShow.

Hmm

Right now I am using Multi-threaded debug (/MTd) for my runtime lib. Somehow it is still trying to find libcp.lib I have no idea where it's getting that dependency from if not from there. I though that it would be getting it from trying to use a single-thread runtime....

Thanks for the info on the DirectShow stuff being in the newest PSDK. From what I read, it is still unavailable in anything but unmanaged C++ due to the way it handles object creating and deleteing. Is this still right? Maybe I'll just get it to work in C++ and make a simple wrapper. I tried to get this stuff working with AudioVideoPlayback in managed C++ and really liked how it was setup (I'm used to DX 8.0 and some 9.0) It seemed a lot cleaner and in the time that I would save in coding, I could make the algorithms quicker and implement more features. We'll see. First I just gotta get a simple DX window up and running...

Although now that I think about it, maybe I should just try instlaling the newest DirectX (should I go with 10 or 9.0c do you think?) and completely avoid this whole issue...

Thanks for the info!

Still don't know where this origional libcp.lib is comming from though...

Dwiel

Check the linker command line settings in project settings to see exactly what the linker is being told. I have succesfully used DirectShow from the PSDK in native C++ with no problem. DirectX 10 is still only software based so unless you are keen on learning it in advance of Vista you should go with the latest DirectX 9 SDK (June update).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!