Announcement: Site Status

Started by
55 comments, last by DrakeThe 17 years, 2 months ago
Quote:Original post by Pet
tell you what... I'm concerned about the site right now not because I can benefit somthing from it, well... that too, but I remember back in a day I was probably one of the first persons to 'everyday-check' the site: read/write posts, learn from tutorials, write them and be concerned about Nehe's personal life, although I never met him either personally or over the phone/email. I just felt grateful someone put a pice of his life and heart in this work - alone.
Now it's a pity its like 3 monts since last news post.
Maybe I could help anyhow?

I agree.

If it was still the old school site, one/two people working on it, I wouldn't have said anything. But since recently a big deal has been made that a team is working on this, and the last update was 3+ months ago....

If you guys need help?

I am not dying or refreshing it every 2 seconds, but I was curious to see the new design and code layouts FWIW.

Advertisement
Personally, I find this most saddening. This is the first time I've come back to the site after NeHe departed (and the updates ceased). Finding the site in such a rundown state is such a shame.

I watched and learned a lot from this site from the very early days - way before NeHe's "viewing" figures went through the roof. I spent time working on numerous linux/solaris ports, helped Jeff (NeHe) with numerous problems and donated as much money as I could at the time.

To now find that GameDev.net has not made any effort to make updates/upgrades/anything to this site just makes me think that Jeff (NeHe) was given a bum deal too - or GameDev.net has sod all idea about finance/business.

Come on guys - updates, even minor ones would be most appreciated. Better still, beta access to what you are working on. Why not let some of us help you out! Not all of us are dumb-asses - some of us actually work with this technology every day. Some of us even work with cutting-edge web technology every day.

Need help? Just ask!!!

Don't hide - let us know. There's a great and supportive community out there that are now turning to other sources - don't lose us all and don't let us feel that this site is a complete dead duck :(

Chop Chop!!!
Well it's been a while since I visited the NeHe site, but I'm very upset now that I have. Like many here I used to read this site daily, working through the tutorials that appeared on regular and a crazy fast schedule, (how did Jeff manage that with everything going on?). But I've been caught up in my own project for quite a while, and to suddenly come back and see the site is such ruin :( Covered in adverts, no news for months, promised content that doesn't appear. Anyone know if NeHe has another site on the go? There seems no reason at all to come back here :((
Oh well.. Bye bye NeHe... I guess it was good while it lasted. Now the site is dead.
I'm going to guess that the last three posts are all from the same person, in which case I'll say: Be a little patient. I'm sure most people want there to be updates soon.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
ok... hear this why not give some of us access to the site so it develops on its own as usual, maybe some tutorias or articles will appear - and as soos as you develop new layout/content the take away it from us???

just a thought ;)
Pet
How about transforming NeHe into a public wiki. Wiki's tend to shape naturally over time. Anybody could then refresh any of the tuts as they so desire. Add content, ports, images, etc.
great - now all we can see is more ads :(
Pet
I don't understand why nobody will just throw up a simple 'hang in there, we are doing some major work' type of statement on the front page?

Last 'update' was from july!

um... hang in there.

But at the mean time i like to hear your ideas and suggestions for new lessons.
And please note that we have close to 80 different lessons in the planning stage ranging from super easy to ZOMGWTFPONIES hard (far from all definitely decided on), so don't expect your ideas to become a lesson, because they might all ready be (not that i will tell you right now).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement