• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[web] Regular HTML Dropdown Controls (select)

This topic is 4336 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I'm trying to find a way to limit the number of items that drop down when you click on the dropdown box. It seems to be different with differnet browsers and I can't find a way to set it. The reason I ask is because we are using swish projectors to show webpages, and these projectors are a fixed size, and if there are too many items in the drop down box, it just cuts them off..and you can't see the rest of the items. and yes I know there is a SIZE attribute, but that's for setting how many elements to see at a time...and changes it from a dropdown box to like a list box. Any suggestions or solutions? Thanks, ArchG

Advertisement
There's nothing you can do, except create your own control (but it appears that you are visiting other people's websites anyway). In a perfect world, the web browser and/or operating system wouldn't be so foolish to draw the control off the screen.

Hm, the easiest way I can think of would be if you were using PHP or ASP style system you could check for browser type and output the correct number of items depending on how well you could predict the visual appearence on your projector -- that said, using plain html to override OS video display stuff (i.e., where to put things from video buffer)...never gonna happen :)

~Shiny.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!