• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Postmessage / Windows messaging problem

This topic is 4337 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey All: I have a process (specifically the windows MSGINA although, that's pretty much irrelevant) and I am transmitting an hwnd to another service. From the other service, I want to post a message back, and have the callback for the message triggered, however, postmessage is returning false implying that I am not using the hwnd right. Can anyone give me suggestions as to why it might not work? Cheers, J

Advertisement
There is one more thing, I tried doing a post message from the program itself, and the postmessage was sucessful. So it only fails from another application.

Ideas?

Are the threads in the same desktop? MSDN says that "Messages can be sent only between processes that are on the same desktop", and IIRC MSGINA runs on a separate desktop. See this for GINA info.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!