New to it all..

Started by
15 comments, last by Benan 17 years, 9 months ago
Hello, I am new to the whole Game Programming seen.. I'm currently learning C++ and I want to become a sucessful game programmer, Can somebody point me in the right direction? LIke Tutorials, Guides, Books etc.. Thanks, Benan.
Advertisement
Check the forum FAQ
Few pointers.

1) c++ is considered by some, not good for beginers. But I don't know it yet so don't take my word for it.
2) USE MULTIPLE TUTORIALS! ( http://www.programmingebooks.tk/ )
We also have a C++ Workshop (Introduction here) here on GDNet, if you want to try and catch up.
Thanks! sorry for the newbie questions.. Its my dream to be a game programmer :P and not to make money.. just.. i like doing things like that.. hehe, thanks heaps guys!
Quote:Original post by Splinter of Chaos
Few pointers.

1) c++ is considered by some, not good for beginers. But I don't know it yet so don't take my word for it.
2) USE MULTIPLE TUTORIALS! ( http://www.programmingebooks.tk/ )

programmingebooks.tk doesn't seems to work, you can try techbooksforfree.com

Good Luck!
Welcome! The C++ workshop is definitely something you want to do if you are learning. It will make the trip a lot easier with the help that people are giving. Also, anytime you ask for help, the more information you give up front will make it easier for people to help guide you. For instance, what compiler and OS are you using? How long have you been learning C++?

Again, welcome to the fray!
SDBradley
CGP
"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read." ~Mark Twain
First, Thanks Fenryl for the URL :)

Quote:Welcome! The C++ workshop is definitely something you want to do if you are learning. It will make the trip a lot easier with the help that people are giving. Also, anytime you ask for help, the more information you give up front will make it easier for people to help guide you. For instance, what compiler and OS are you using? How long have you been learning C++?

Ok, ill look into it.. Im using Visual C++ 6.0 At the moment.. and using Windows XP.

I also have Linux on here (Dual boot) im not sure what i am going to use in there yet.

I also imagine C++ is going to take me a year or 2 too learn it all ;] Thanks for your replies.
Quote:Original post by Benan
First, Thanks Fenryl for the URL :)

Quote:Welcome! The C++ workshop is definitely something you want to do if you are learning. It will make the trip a lot easier with the help that people are giving. Also, anytime you ask for help, the more information you give up front will make it easier for people to help guide you. For instance, what compiler and OS are you using? How long have you been learning C++?

Ok, ill look into it.. Im using Visual C++ 6.0 At the moment.. and using Windows XP.

I also have Linux on here (Dual boot) im not sure what i am going to use in there yet.

I also imagine C++ is going to take me a year or 2 too learn it all ;] Thanks for your replies.

From what I understand you could work with C++ for years and still continue to learn new things.
Quote:

1)Drop it. Now.
2)Go download VC++ 2005 Express. It's free.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement