• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
arpika

Getting 3d position of a texture coord

This topic is 4340 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi All! I have a triangle with 3 texture coords(uv). How can i calculate the 3D position of uv(0.5,0.5)? thx for any feedback arpika

Advertisement
What do you mean by 3d position? Do you mean the position of the vertex for that uv coord? Then that's the position of the triangle vertex that it's for.

Or do you mean converting it from a 2d tex coord to a 3d tex coord?

Quote:

Do you mean the position of the vertex for that uv coord? Then that's the position of the triangle vertex that it's for.

yes i think that's what he's searching but mabe the texcoord isn't a vertex but a point on a polygon(which i think is the problem)

You need to convert from tangents space to world space. there are many tutorials about tangent space out there. You have to build a 3x3 transformation matrix from the Tangent,Binormal(which is a misnomer and should be called bitangent) and Normal.

regards,
m4gnus

Quote:
mabe the texcoord isn't a vertex but a point on a polygon(which i think is the problem)

Exactly, thats my problem. I`ll check for tangent space tutorial. Thanks for the feedback guys.

arpika

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!