• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
yaustar

[SDL_mixer] Cannot load Ogg files in 1.2.7

This topic is 4508 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hiya all, Currently I am trying to load an ogg music file using SDL_mixer 1.2.7 and it crashes in Mix_LoadMUS(...). I have found this on mailing list but it just points me to the dlls on the SDL homepage. I am not sure if I am supposed to build the SDL_mixer lib myself from SVN or not. Loading MP3s and WAVs are fine though.

Advertisement
You may have to rebuild from subversion. I saw in a similar thread somebody had to do the same thing when playing OGG files but now when I search for the thread I can't find it.

-edit-
The download file for 1.2.7 may have been updated based on what you posted from the mailing list. Try downloading that first.

I have, and unless I am doing something wrong, I am getting the same crashes :(. Thanks anyway.

from the SDL_mixer page:
As of SDL_mixer 1.2.7, Ogg Vorbis and MP3 loading libraries are dynamically loaded, so if you don't need to load those formats, you don't need to include those shared libraries.

Previously the ogg library was compiled in (statically), but now it seems to need the presence of ogg and vorbis DLLs with your EXE (or in a system PATH folder).

You may want to recompile _mixer to link in ogg libs statically. (my preference, as I'm not using MP3, but use OGG all over the place)

That's what I thought I had (As mentioned in the first post) but I have just tried it again (albeit on a diferent machine) and it seems to work. I have a feeling that it could be due so some old .dlls lying about that I need to check at some point.

Thanks anyway.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!