[SDL_mixer] Cannot load Ogg files in 1.2.7

Started by
4 comments, last by yaustar 17 years, 9 months ago
Hiya all, Currently I am trying to load an ogg music file using SDL_mixer 1.2.7 and it crashes in Mix_LoadMUS(...). I have found this on mailing list but it just points me to the dlls on the SDL homepage. I am not sure if I am supposed to build the SDL_mixer lib myself from SVN or not. Loading MP3s and WAVs are fine though.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

Advertisement
You may have to rebuild from subversion. I saw in a similar thread somebody had to do the same thing when playing OGG files but now when I search for the thread I can't find it.

-edit-
The download file for 1.2.7 may have been updated based on what you posted from the mailing list. Try downloading that first.
I have, and unless I am doing something wrong, I am getting the same crashes :(. Thanks anyway.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

from the SDL_mixer page:
As of SDL_mixer 1.2.7, Ogg Vorbis and MP3 loading libraries are dynamically loaded, so if you don't need to load those formats, you don't need to include those shared libraries.

Previously the ogg library was compiled in (statically), but now it seems to need the presence of ogg and vorbis DLLs with your EXE (or in a system PATH folder).

You may want to recompile _mixer to link in ogg libs statically. (my preference, as I'm not using MP3, but use OGG all over the place)
I had the same problem with 1.2.7. According to this post it was caused by a C runtime mismatch in the original 1.2.7 release. I have downloaded the SDL mixer runtime files again, and everything works perfectly.

You can find the new files here:
http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/release/SDL_mixer-1.2.7-win32.zip

Hope this helps.
Jooleem. Get addicted.
That's what I thought I had (As mentioned in the first post) but I have just tried it again (albeit on a diferent machine) and it seems to work. I have a feeling that it could be due so some old .dlls lying about that I need to check at some point.

Thanks anyway.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement