• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dawidjoubert

Anyone know the Creators of STARS!

This topic is 4519 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I recently had this great idea of taking an old classic game like STARS! and porting it to javascript and PHP. Basically PHP will create the main overview image, javascript will be used for interactive menus and then finally a simple get/post will be used to update your move. Then say at regular intervals of once or twice a day the server time advances. THIS HAS great multiplayer capability. So the authors are Jeff McBride and Jeff Johnson stars http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stars!

Advertisement
On that topic, do anyone know where I might get my grubby fingers on a copy? I played the demo version to death years ago, but recently, when someone reminded me of the game, I decided to buy a retail copy.... And couldn't find it sold anywhere. Apparently Empire holds the rights, but doesn't actually sell the game any longer... So do anyone know if there's any way to get hold of the game? :D

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!