a couple of includes on macosx

Started by
7 comments, last by WitchLord 17 years, 9 months ago
i've find out while trying to port angeljuice to macosx that there are some "malloc.h" includes, which file is not in the current gcc in macosx. the library works the same without it (no warning nor errors). i think is only needed in win32 and linux so should be made platform specific in the config file. anyway angeljuice for macosx and linux is coming along ;)
Advertisement
just a simple question... on ppc which kind of calling convenctions are supported ? cause i'm trying to register functions with AS_CALL_CDECL_OBJLAST but it returns -7 (not supported). how can i declare functions, methods and publish them to the script engine in a cross-platform manner ? and without rewrite the function twice for dealing with different calling conventions ? maybe with the AS_CALL_GENERIC... but indeed this could have some drawbacks...

any ideas appreciated ;)
So far only the asCALL_GENERIC convention is supported on PPC. It does require more work as wrappers will have to be written, but it is 100% portable.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

ok. but will then be supported one day or this is an impossible thing to achieve ?
I have all intentions on adding support for native calling conventions on PPC in the future, but I will probably not do it myself unless I get my hands on a machine with Mac OS X. If someone does the port before that I'll of course add it to the library.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

i've seen in another post that pecan currently added native calling under ppc. is that working somehow ? since pecan said that he has not tested too much the code i'll take it along and try to put it under pressure: but since i don't know much about asm ppc, i'm not sure if i can help improving this, only reporting malfunctioning... i really would love see angelscript fully compatible with x86-ppc so we can write native calling convention on the 3 major operative system out there (and not write too much wrapper functions or do ifdef for every platform differences... ;D)
I fully agree with you.

I've not been able to test Pecan's code either, but I believe it is at least partially working. I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know how well it is indeed working, and if possible identify which parts need adjustments.

If we know at least that, then I'm sure other MacOS X developers will be able to help fix them.

NOTE: I've not yet added Pecan's code to the repository.

yes i've taken out pecan's code from the post, and then this evening i'm going to try it out on my macosx ppc. anyway thanx for adding me to the thanx page (and also putting angeljuice link) ! appreciated ;)

ciao
You're welcome :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement