• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Vexator

glTangentPointerEXT/glBinormalPointerEXT

This topic is 4341 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i found these extensions in the glew source, but could not find any documentation for them (yet?) on the net. does anyone know if they're alrady supported and what they're for? i guess they're supposed to send tangent and binormal attribute arrays to a glsl vertex program? edit: k seems to be part of this one: http://icps.u-strasbg.fr/~marchesin/perso/extensions/EXT/coordinate_frame.html

Advertisement
Interesting, I had never heard of this extension before. Actually it's easy to set up Vertex Attrib arrays with your custom data so it's not that much of an issue I guess.

Anyway, here is nmore info on this extension, and the first line in bold should interest you [wink].

/edit: The same info was there in the apge you linked to as well.

Quote:
Original post by deavik
Actually it's easy to set up Vertex Attrib arrays with your custom data so it's not that much of an issue I guess.

well that's what i'm having problems with atm, that's why found this extension :) i just tried to use it, and it's really not implemented yet, at least not in the ati drivers.

Quote:
Original post by Vexator
Quote:
Original post by deavik
Actually it's easy to set up Vertex Attrib arrays with your custom data so it's not that much of an issue I guess.

well that's what i'm having problems with atm, that's why found this extension :) i just tried to use it, and it's really not implemented yet, at least not in the ati drivers.

I reckon solving the Vertex attribute problem should be easier than finding an implementation of an extension whose specs say "Do not implement" in bold at the top [wink].

Cheers!

Judging by the date on the extension it was SGI's method of passing more per-vertex data to the fixed function pipeline, however with the advent programable hardware and generic vertex streams it would leave such an extension redundant at best.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!