galactic modeling

Started by
3 comments, last by Aerton 17 years, 9 months ago
I've been looking for an hour now and I can't find a decent web page that would go into the kind of detail that would allow one to implement galactic simulation modeling... I've come across some pretty neat images and videos, but no references to or descriptions of the actual algorithms used to generate those images. It's pretty much the same for fluid dynamics really - can't seem to find a decent web page for research (granted, I don't have the background in physics, so I can't bite through all the math at a glance, but still...). Anybody ever searched for stuff like that and found anything that's actually useful from an implementation's point of view?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by irreversible
It's pretty much the same for fluid dynamics really - can't seem to find a decent web page for research (granted, I don't have the background in physics, so I can't bite through all the math at a glance, but still...).

Search for "CFD computational fluid dynamics".
Quote:Original post by nmi
Search for "CFD computational fluid dynamics".

Thanks. Far better to know what I'm actually searching for :)

I haven't still found anything on galactic modeling, though. Hasn't anyone dealt with that?
You can try looking up stuff on Smooth Particle Hydrodynamics.
And you can get the source to Gadget, wich is a multi-threaded, tree-code, SPH simulator for N-body
space simulations.
You may check how was it done in a sequel to the most famous sapce game:
http://www.jongware.com/galaxy1.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement