configuring allegro & VS 2005 Standard

Started by
7 comments, last by a2toedmonkey 14 years, 9 months ago
Okay my friends: I would love a little help here. Please point me in the right direction. I am trying to get Alleg.lib linked to VS 2005 Standard. Please and thank you.
Advertisement
This is the guide for the VS 2005 Express but it should work the same.

http://awiki.tomasu.org/bin/view/Main/VisualCExpress2005
Breander thank you for your help however, After following the instructions it fails to compile/link. The errors I receive are:

1>------ Build started: Project: test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>main.c
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\internal\alconfig.h(378) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned int' to 'unsigned char *' of greater size
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\internal\alconfig.h(385) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned int' to 'unsigned char *' of greater size
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\inline\draw.inl(421) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned int' to 'unsigned char *' of greater size
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\inline\draw.inl(435) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned int' to 'unsigned char *' of greater size
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\inline\draw.inl(446) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned int' to 'unsigned short *' of greater size
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\inline\draw.inl(460) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned int' to 'unsigned short *' of greater size
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\inline\draw.inl(471) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned int' to 'unsigned short *' of greater size
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\inline\draw.inl(485) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned int' to 'unsigned short *' of greater size
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\inline\draw.inl(521) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned int' to 'unsigned int *' of greater size
1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\allegro\inline\draw.inl(535) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned int' to 'unsigned int *' of greater size
1>Compiling manifest to resources...
1>Linking...
1>MSVCRTD.lib(crtexe.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup
1>C:\Documents and Settings\Matthew\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\test\Debug\test.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Matthew\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\test\test\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>test - 2 error(s), 10 warning(s)

Sorry for being verbose but this is really buggin me!
Just noticed that the instructions ask me to do this.

Under Configuration Properties / Linker / Input, add alld.lib to Additional Dependencies

I dont remember seeing alld.lib.

Any ideas?

Found it in the lib directory never mind this last post.
Hello everyone:

Still getting these errors. Please refer to the error list above and hepl as Barney Rubble would say. Wow that dates me!
Make sure you are building a Windows GUI application and not a Windows Console application.
If I remeber correctly your supposed to start out with an empty project. Also make sure you downloaded the binaries for VC2005 and not the others for the other versions of VC and put them in the proper folders.

If all else fails just go over the guide line by line more then likely you skiped over something and didnt realise it.
Mister Dave Hunt:

You da man! I was indeed using a console application and as soon as I changed to a win32 app it worked like a charm. Thank you! And to all who posted as well!
I realize this is an old post, but I had this same problem with VS 2008. If you follow the wiki to the letter for vs 2005, and you have the binaries for VS 2008, it works perfectly.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement