• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
hoLogramm

OpenGL Framebuffer objects, glDrawBuffer

This topic is 4426 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I am trying out framebuffer objects on linux (Suse 9.1) with the latest nvidia driver 8762 on a GeForce 6800 GT. Setting up framebuffers works fine. I have a maximum of 4 framebuffer objects each at a maximum resolution of 4096x4096. glCheckFrameBufferStatusEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT) returns GL_FRAMEBUFFER_COMPLETE_EXT. Furthermore i am using glew and glx. My problem is that if i try to change the render target to a color attachment, it gives me an opengl error "1282", which corresponds to GL_INVALID_OPERATION.
cout << glGetError(); // outputs 0
glDrawBuffer( GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0_EXT );
cout << glGetError(); // outputs 1282

I could not find anything related to this problem on the net, so i wanted to ask, if anybody has encountered this issue yet. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
You dont need to change the draw buffers. Attaching the texture to the FBO makes it available as a render target.

Leave the draw buffers as they are :)

Regards,
DarkProphet :)

[SOLVED]

hoi!

Thx for replying darkprophet.

I don't know exactly what the problem was. I played around a bit with my X-Server initialisation routine, but i changed nothing of importance. Just added slightly more initialisation information to it und renamed a few variables.
Either i have ghosts in the machine or the reboot helped, because i updated my nvidia driver from 7676 to 8762 yesterday and i rebootet only the x-server, which should have been enough. Maybe something resided in memory from the old driver though.

So everything works well and i have nothing more to say.

cheers ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!