What do you think about Mideast crisis

Started by
1,520 comments, last by LessBread 17 years, 7 months ago
Quote:Original post by Ravuya
Quote:Original post by Mithrandir
This current round of bullshit was started when the IDF killed 7 innocent people, and Hamas said "Enough of this shit, we're calling off the ceasefire, since obviously you dumb shits don't know what a ceasefire is."

I read or heard somewhere that it may have been an accident with an unexploded mine and not necessarily a shell job. I suspect both sides are just itching for any reason to have a fight, and Israel's government has decided to show a whole bunch of sides at once just how angry it is.

Hey, if they want to duke it out, then let them.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Toni Petrina
Quote:Original post by ChurchSkiz

This whole pile of shit started when Israel bombed a beach, killing 7 Palestinian civillians, some of them children.

I'm glad you can condense thousands of years of hatred and violence into one sentence.

There was a ceasefire which was working very well until that day.

This current round of bullshit was started when the IDF killed 7 innocent people, and Hamas said "Enough of this shit, we're calling off the ceasefire, since obviously you dumb shits don't know what a ceasefire is."

But thanks for playing.

So you're saying it's ok for Palestinians to retaliate by killing Israeli civilians when Palestinian civilians are killed? That's funny because all I hear from you about conflicts in the Middle East is how further killing is never justified by previous atrocities.

HAMAS member: *Shrug* Izraelis attacked...again...guess we should do nothing
</sarcasm>

I think it's world double standard day. I haven't even defended Israel today, just pointing out the extreme double standards and flaws of logic that have been thrown out.

According to Mith, Palestine has a right to retaliate by killing civilians when their civilians are killed. This same courtesy is not extended to Israel.

According to you, Hamas has a right to attack Israel when they feel wronged. Same courtesy does not apply to Israel when they are attacked unprovoked by Hezbollah via rockets and mortars into a civilian population.

I would love to see how you two would handle leadership of that country.
No, he said that was where it *started* (in this round, anyway). Not that the response was justified.

Quote:
i dont give a damn, the Israelis are overeacting but what did Palestinian and the other countries think was going to happen if they support a organization that constantly fireing a ass-load of missles over the boarder

Because Israel has never fired ass-loads of missiles over their border? [grin]

The whole situation is just fucked up.
I honestly can't think of anything approaching justification for anything either side has done.

Quote:
The bottom line is that when an organized country has their 3rd largest city attacked repeatedly, they are going to retaliate.

Retaliate? That implies Israel hasn't attacked them before?
No, the bottom line is that everyone there believes with certainty that "the others" started it, and "we're just defending ourselves and/or retaliating".
Don't tell me you buy into that nonsense.
Either all sides are "retaliating", or none are. Israel is no more angelic and innocent than the Palestinians, Lebanon or *any* other country or organization involved.
Quote:Original post by Kaze
i dont give a damn, the Israelis are overeacting but what did Palestinian and the other countries think was going to happen if they support a organization that constantly fireing a ass-load of missles over the boarder

one would think you would a) kill them, b) dropping missiles exactly where they're shooting (at the time they're shooting), c) or very quickly go back to internationally agreed upon borders build a wall and blow away anything within 10 feet that looks menacing.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Did anyone here watch Kingdom of Heaven (I know it's a bad movie but bear with me)? Remember the speech Orlando gave about fighting over and over until you don't even remember who started it in the first place? Yep, he was talking about this.
So... Muira Yoshimoto sliced off his head, walked 8 miles, and defeated a Mongolian horde... by beating them with his head?

Documentation? "We are writing games, we don't have to document anything".
Quote:Original post by Jovan
Hey, if they want to duke it out, then let them.

Difficulty: Israel has and said they will use nuclear warheads. That affects us.
Israel is not "defending" itself at all. They dont want peace, and never wanted it. As long as they have US's support, they will continue their rampage. Couple of kidnapped soldiers? What a shitty excuse to bombard civilian targets in 3 different countries.
Quote:
3 soldiers causes war with 3 countries?

Could you possibly be any more disingenuous? An estimated eighty rockets a day are fired into northern Israel by Hezbollah. The last week has seen two Israeli's killed and over one hundred injured.

Combine this with the kidnapping of two soldiers by Hezbollah, and what did you expect? The Israeli government to sit on it's thumbs and allow it's citizens to be killed? Juat what exactly do you view the role of a government to be if it is not protecting its citizens from foreign aggressors?

Quote:

There never was a ceasefire in the Palestinian's eyes. The rocket attacks from within Palestinian territory had been relentless.

Quote:
Gosh. Who do you think is going to be more pissed off? The 29 Israeli families, or the 166 Arab families?

But who, exactly, are they "pissed off" at? BBC news ran a report tonight from inside Lebanon indicating that there is a very strong anti-Hezbollah feeling within Lebanon at the minute, precisely because they provoked the Israeli's into attacking.
Quote:Original post by Spoonbender
No, he said that was where it *started* (in this round, anyway). Not that the response was justified.

Quote:

Because Israel has never fired ass-loads of missiles over their border? [grin]

The whole situation is just fucked up.
I honestly can't think of anything approaching justification for anything either side has done.

Quote:
The bottom line is that when an organized country has their 3rd largest city attacked repeatedly, they are going to retaliate.

Retaliate? That implies Israel hasn't attacked them before?
No, the bottom line is that everyone there believes with certainty that "the others" started it, and "we're just defending ourselves and/or retaliating".
Don't tell me you buy into that nonsense.
Either all sides are "retaliating", or none are. Israel is no more angelic and innocent than the Palestinians, Lebanon or *any* other country or organization involved.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the point of your post. A retaliation doesn't mean that the side retaliating is free from past transgressions. But in a circumstance such as this, I don't think anything short of God's appearance in the desert would stop Israel from responding to a city being bombarded with rockets. Consequently, I think that is also what it will take for this crisis to be stopped before a massive invasion takes place. I also doubt that Israel would use nukes unprovoked, if you don't trust them, you should probably be more worried about North Korea.

This whole pile of shit started when Israel bombed a beach, killing 7 Palestinian civillians, some of them children.

I'm glad you can condense thousands of years of hatred and violence into one sentence.

I wouldn't say thousands of years... the conflict is really only about 60 years old... Arabs didn't really mind jews too much, they were actually quite friendly towards them (they had to... according to the Sharia, the Islamic Law). While the jews were being butchered, segregated, and deported in Europe for generations the Arabs were living quite comfortably with them. Ironically the best place for Jews to be in during the Middle Ages was Spain.... because it was run by Arabs. After the Moors were kicked out of Spain the jews were "dealt with". Now they had their differences... which indeed go back into biblical times but I wouldn't call it hatred and violence.

The real violence only started in the middle of the 20th century when the jews made their immigrations to Palestine before, during, and after WWII and when the UK surrendered their control of the Palestinian Mandate followed by the creation of the Jewish state. I guess that still doesn't give us a culprit to the troubles... and they have been caused by way more than the bombing of the beach.

I would say more, and put up my possible solution and talk about who is to blame and who caused everything but the truth of it is... I am tired of this topic.

You can blame anyone you want because they are all guilty, you can pose any solution you want... but it probably isn't going to happen. It is such a complicated problem that it is exhausting to try to deal with it.
"Go on get out last words are for fools who have not said enough already." -- Karl Marx

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement