What do you think about Mideast crisis

Started by
1,520 comments, last by LessBread 17 years, 7 months ago
Quote:Original post by Don Carnage
Israel cannot control what some brainwashed terrorist decides to do, but it can refrain from using similar tactics itself. Keep the moral high ground, move the settlers, give back Jerusalem, tear down the stupid wall, cooperate with the international community to deal with the palestinian issue, whatever it takes to win the peace. Of course none of this will happen anytime soon.

you are very out of touch with the reality of Israel.

1) refrain similar tactics - I won't dignify this with a response
2) move the settlers - easier said than done, if you read my above posts you will see these days its Israel that is fighting to end the occupation and the terrorists that are fighting to keep it going. Israel moved the settelers out of Gaza and it became the worst terror filled land (after Hizballand).
3) give back Jerusalem - ?!?!?! Jerusalem was Jordanian prior to 67 and the peace agreement with it kept it Israeli. It is the largest Israeli city (even counting only the Jews in it) and its the Capital and MOST holy place for Jews. It was originally built by Jews thousands of years ago and it is maybe the number one reason Zionists chose Israel for the Jewish homeland 100 years ago. Most Israelies will accept split Jerusalem in return for peace, but the Palestinians (Arafat in his days) don't accept it.
4) tear down the stupid wall - the terrorists attacks dropped by tens of percents (I dont remember exactly, I think around 80-90%) in places protected by the wall. Some Palestinians suffer from the wall, but the added safety for Israelies means less Palestinians suffer from the military response so I think on the long run the Wall is beneficial to both sides (except the terrorists). If there were hostile terror filled villages just one kilometers from Denemark's cities you would demand a seperating wall also.
5) cooperate ... palestinian issue, - trouble is Palestinians terrorists want total destruction of Israel, and most Palestinians support them. You can blame the 1948 refugees, or the 67 occupation, but the terrorists attacks and their massive support existed before. There is only so much you can do diplomaticaly when the other side wants nothing but your full destruction. Why isn't the international community trying to stop the terrorists? Why isn't the disarming of Hizballah enforced as the UN decided? Why are you angry at Israel acts to defend its people? This is not similar to Iraq or Vietnam, this is pure self defense.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Iftah
Hizballah is responsible for igniting, Israel is responsible for escalating, in the same way USA escalated WWII when it landed in Normandy.

That's not a valid comparison.

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement