Non-console applications on Mac OS X without XCode

Started by
2 comments, last by Ravuya 17 years, 9 months ago
I've spent far too long on Google with this and I'm resigned to asking what I'm sure is a stupid question: What compiler / linker options can I give to gcc or g++ to compile an application for Mac OS X in such a way that it doesn't open a terminal window? I can't seem to find any mention anywhere of how this might be done, although XCode does it easily enough. I fully intend to learn my way around XCode when I start working with native Carbon or Cocoa projects, but for the time being I'd just like to get my GLUT and GTK stuff working in the same manner as I had things set up in Linux. [edit] For clarification's sake: I'm basically looking for an equivalent to the -mwindows flag in mingw: Something that will remove the program's dependency on a terminal window. [Edited by - Arek the Absolute on July 15, 2006 12:57:38 AM]
-Arek the Absolute"The full quartet is pirates, ninjas, zombies, and robots. Create a game which involves all four, and you risk being blinded by the sheer level of coolness involved." - Superpig
Advertisement
You need to stuff the binaries into an application bundle, which is basically a folder with the .app extension with a certain internal structure. I don't have my PowerBook with me now otherwise I'd give more detailed instructions.
Free Mac Mini (I know, I'm a tool)
Alright, thank you very much. It hadn't even occurred to me that it would be a matter of filesystem structure rather than compilation. Problem solved, and in a way I wouldn't have thought of for a very long time.
-Arek the Absolute"The full quartet is pirates, ninjas, zombies, and robots. Create a game which involves all four, and you risk being blinded by the sheer level of coolness involved." - Superpig
Yeah, the app bundle is a blessing and a curse.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement