Sign in to follow this  

Texture losing problem of .x file

This topic is 4165 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, First sorry for my poor English. There is something wrong with my work. I just want to use .x file to render my school . It's my project of this holiday , I work with four classmates. But there is really something stop me.... I use 3Ds max to make a 3d object (used Boolen calculation), and export a .x file . But when I use mview.exe to display my object , the texture disappear. I met the problem before , but I must get through it this time . Please help me Any help is appreciate.

How do you apply the texture on your object?
Do you apply only one texture?
There are some issues you must pay attention to when exporting to a .x file. For instance you must make sure there are no 'blank' materials. For complex meshes with many materials many times I have to edit the .x file by hand to get it right.

In 3D MAX open File->Summary Info. It will show you how many materials the object has. Make sure you have a file name next to each material.

There might be other reasons as well that cause your problem.

first,update your directX sdk to latest version, second, use pandaDXexport plugin to export .x from 3ds max, remember to check left handed coordination. then check it with Direct View if the .x file is correct

yeah.
first thanks for the advices .
I found the PandaDXExport5.dle . It did help something.
But I think I must made a little misstake that the .x file exported didn't have any texture .Even if it's a simple box with a texture .(Of course it seemed solve a lot of things like left handed coordinary)

I don't know why.

This topic is 4165 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.